FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Reflections pt1: Looking at Marriott Rewards – SPG Lifetime Plat perspective
Old Jun 24, 2018, 3:07 pm
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I can do better: I have NEVER gotten even one night credit for having a certain credit card, spending on a credit card, doing a "meeting" or event, or claiming credit for a second or third room. All of my nights have been either BIB or on the MR side, rollover according to the program T&C that I was apparently unable to reject. Nevertheless, as both a SPG LTP and MR LTP, I have more than twenty years Plat combined (at least ten Plat years on each side, where MR Plat = 75 nights and SPG Plat = either 25 stays or 50 nights) and even if I exclude rollover, I have a number of MR legacy nights that goes well into four figures.

I'm offended that some SPG people consider me scum of the earth when I sleep in a MR bed (some of us can't always choose our hotels) even though I'm one of them too as an upstanding and honorable SPG LTP. In fact, I lost all sympathy for any SPG whiner when the two threads appeared saying that no MR LTPs should get LTPP and I am fundamentally opposed to any special provisions to enable them to earn LTPP, including the rules that have already been announced for SPG LTPs with 750+ nights. After all, the SPG program never gave lifetime status above PlatMinus, certainly not at the Plat75 level.