FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Reflections pt1: Looking at Marriott Rewards – SPG Lifetime Plat perspective
Old Jun 24, 2018, 1:54 pm
Commie

Originally Posted by pinniped
So, to summarize, you want a program that has few ways to earn points/status that don't benefit you, encourages your own pattern of behavior, limits access to people with other patterns of behavior, and concentrates more on providing benefits to you by having fewer elite members who reached your status tier via an alternative path.

I want that program too. Marriott should recognize me as Titanium Deluxe and all of you schmucks as the rusty old fender of a 1983 Plymouth Turismo.
+1
This post basically summarizes the OP.

If you care so much about how other people are earning their status, why don't you go and start your own Hotel Frequent Stay club that fits exactly how you want the program to be run.
This Pt. 1 and Pt 2 post about the 2 programs is one of the most self-centered and a 'Do you know who I am' thread. Quite honesty if getting these benefits is so important in your life, maybe you should just pay for them.

BTW - your 10 years and 600+ nights at SPG is not all that impressive. There are many many folks with more nights and years and not are whining as much as this post. And to question whether a MR Plat, really did have those nights as butt on the mattress? How dare you question someone else? How do you know, most of the MR LT Plat did not stay 75 nights in a year in a actual hotel?

BTW 2 - I have over 1300 nights in MR, 1200 nights in Hilton, and 600 nights with SPG over a 18 year span. And I can assure you 90+% of the MR are actual hotel stays. and I am sure, there are many many more people with more nights stay at a hotel than me.