FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Super Elite suspended; lawsuit filed but amicably settled out of court
Old Jun 24, 2018, 9:32 am
The Lev
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by j2simpso
However, the records provided by AC show that's not the case at all.Looking at the log AC provided it doesn't seem too crazy, maybe 4-6 times per year. I'm sure some of us on FT have had the unfortunate situation of arriving to the airport waiting to board a flight only to find out that a meeting has been cancelled rendering the whole trip pointless. I bet if we compiled a similar log for frequent travellers like ua1flyer, we'll see similar (if not more frequent) patterns of last minute flight changes and cancellations at the lounge. Heck, NH has a desk in the lounge @ NRT with a dedicated agent to make changes to your flight!
The only time this frequent flyer has ever gone to the lounge then cancelled my flight was a one-day trip where the outbound flight was delayed due to weather roughly until my return flight was supposed to depart. Obviously YMMV.

I wonder if AC might be able to tie Eric's visits to lounge and subsequent flight cancellations to certain other perhaps out-of-town travellers also having been in the lounge at the same time.