FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Brussels, Belgium
Old Jun 24, 2018, 2:29 am
danger

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
The Renaissance was a good choice for my recent stay. First, the big downside is that unless the main reason for your visit is the European Parliament, it's a bit out of the way from the tourist hotspots. It's probably a 20 to 30 minute walk the downtown area.

I was welcomed as a Platinum Elite and given a choice of F&B options or 500 points. I chose a selection of cheese and crackers and a local beer but ended up with two beers and a small selection of canapes. The lounge is closed on Fridays and Saturdays so breakfast is served in the restaurant. This was quite nice and well presented although there are no cooked-to-order options.

My room was upgraded to a large king. It is a bit dated but is far from being in a state of disrepair. There was plenty of bench and hanging spaces, a comfortable two-seater lounge and a big window. The television is disproportionately small for the size of the room. The bathroom was quite large although with a shower/tub combo. Hot water and water pressure were great.

Service was very nice throughout. I was asked how my stay was when I checked-out which I always appreciate. The 4pm check-out was provided without issue.