FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)
Old Jun 23, 2018, 4:08 pm
rny321

Programs: MB-LTT , HH-Diam., HGP-Expl.
Originally Posted by ymx
It is true that Starwood Lurker posted on 6/20 the above, but in a later posting, you'll see that he may have misunderstood the question. The answer he is pulling from the Marriott website is vague at best:

It is not clear what the definition of "Lifetime activity" is from this, as everywhere else they are clear if you merge your activity you can only qualify with combined nights and 10 years of status. I would very much like to be able to count my 2MM uncombined lifetime MR points with the combined MR and SPG lifetime nights.
Starwood Lurker, William, was asked this one sentence question several times before giving an answer and he definitely knew what was being asked. What he didn't understand was why a couple of posters were still confused. He answered: "Yes." and then followed up with an explanation.

William has stated numerous times that the language he uses to answer questions posed on the Wiki has been approved by Marriott. He doesn't pull something from a website or inject his own interpretation into a Wiki answer unless it has been cleared by the loyalty department. Since that is a more cumbersome process than telling people what he thinks, I wasn't surprised that he responded that "we are done getting further clarification from the loyalty team on questions that have already been answered."

He has been very clear that the only activities that can be combined are nights and years of status.

Last edited by rny321; Jun 23, 2018 at 4:48 pm