FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)
Old Jun 23, 2018, 2:22 pm
rny321

Programs: MB-LTT , HH-Diam., HGP-Expl.
Originally Posted by sabre31_98
So was curious as to what my status would be at the August switch. I absolutely want to qualify under legacy for the LTPP and wondering if I need to do some meetings or get creative to earn nights. As of today:

Current MR LTG
MR nights: 703
MR points: 2,392,454
Years: In program 10; 5 or 6 at platinum, rest at Gold
Will earn another 10-15 nights this year for normal travel/CC spend

SPG Nights: 45
Points unknown/minimal

So from what I've read through this, the 45 SPG nights will NOT count towards my total lifetime nights to meet legacy goal in August? So given this I would need to earn 47 MR nights prior to 12/31 to reach LTPP under the legacy program?
It was confirmed about a month ago that one could earn LTPP by combining nights and years of status across both programs. It was later clarified that each year MR Gold, MR Platinum and SPG Platinum would count towards the 10 years of Platinum status.

It was further established on the Starwood forum that 2MM MR points and 750 nights qualify for LTPP. It sounds like you will qualify under both of these criteria.

B8. Do Marriott members with 2MM uncombined lifetime MR points and with 750 combined lifetime MR nights and lifetime SPG nights qualify for LTPP?
Yes.This is confirmed at marriott.members.com under the Benefits and Lifetime tab where it specifically states, “You can also qualify for Lifetime status via the existing criteria for Rewards and SPG through December 31, 2018.” Existing legacy criteria for earning Lifetime Platinum Premier in MR/RCR is 750 Lifetime nights + 2MM Lifetime points. Also, in August, when members combine Rewards and SPG accounts, their lifetime nights across both programs count toward Lifetime Elite status in the new combined program. To be included in at previous thresholds for Rewards or SPG, members will have until December 31, 2018, to complete stays in order to achieve the Lifetime Elite status. <added by Starwood Lurker 20Jun18 >