FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Reflections pt1: Looking at Marriott Rewards – SPG Lifetime Plat perspective
Old Jun 23, 2018, 8:31 am
CJKatl

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by X-ON
So how is it irresponsible for me to cite SPG T&C, the only program of MR and SPG which had a definition of Eligible Status Year in the context of the LT programme? It is pretty clear that gifted status NOT count towards LT status in SPG... but I am entitled of course ... MR years should count double years ...or maybe triple ...
Because Eligible Status Year has nothing to do with qualifying for elite status in the new program, nor do legacy SPG program terms have anything to do with the legacy MR program or the terms of the new program. How one qualifies is spelled out in simple, straight forward language which has been posted several times already and has nothing to do with Eligible Status Years. Nothing. The number of times Santa went down a member's chimney is mentioned in the members.Marriott site as many times as Eligible Status Years is mentioned, which would be zero for both. While it might have been something in the SPG terms that are about to be retired, it is not included in any materials about the new program.

Again, the important thing for everyone to know is that nobody at Marriott has ever said or done anything which would indicate the poster has a valid point. Nobody should read what he advocates as having any credence and be concerned. Marriott is not going to change the published rules of what counts towards LT status nor require MR members to have followed SPG rules in the past. I'm done responding to the lunacy since but no matter what is posted about the lunacy hopefully everyone realizes it is absolute fiction. Legacy SPG rules are not going to retroactively be applied to past years' MR eligibility.