FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Reflections pt1: Looking at Marriott Rewards – SPG Lifetime Plat perspective
Old Jun 23, 2018, 7:09 am
X-ON

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Originally Posted by CJKatl
It is how they are counting both MR and SPG nights according to their marketing materials, not by the made up criteria you keep repeating. From https://members.marriott.com/benefits/:

Implying a a different criteria will be considered is irresponsible. It is the same criteria for members of both programs, not some rejiggered refigured number calculated under rules that never applied to the program when the status was earned.
??? What why are talking about nights all of a sudden ??? I have been talking about the DEFINITION of a Elite Year and in SPG a VALID elite year DID NOT include gifted status???

From SPG T&C https://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefe...nguage=en_US#8

An "Eligible Status Year" is a calendar year during which an SPG Member obtained Elite Preferred Guest Membership Status (Gold Preferred Guest or Platinum Preferred Guest) by: (A) achieving the Gold Minimum Requirement or the Platinum Minimum Requirement during such calendar year's Qualifying Period; or (B) being a Vistana Owner as described in Section 11.1. Only a calendar year in which an SPG Member obtains Elite Preferred Guest Membership Status as described in the prior sentence will count as an Eligible Status Year, regardless of the length of time that such SPG Member will retain the benefits of Elite Preferred Guest Membership Status.

Where Earning Platinum Preferred Guest Status. In order to become a "Platinum Preferred Guest", an SPG Member must have at least 25 Eligible Stays or 50 Eligible Nights in a Qualifying Period at SPG Participating Hotels or SPG Partner Hotels (the "Platinum Minimum Requirement").

So how is it irresponsible for me to cite SPG T&C, the only program of MR and SPG which had a definition of Eligible Status Year in the context of the LT programme? It is pretty clear that gifted status NOT count towards LT status in SPG... but I am entitled of course ... MR years should count double years ...or maybe triple ...

Last edited by X-ON; Jun 23, 2018 at 7:46 am