FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Reflections pt1: Looking at Marriott Rewards – SPG Lifetime Plat perspective
Old Jun 23, 2018, 2:35 am
CJKatl

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by X-ON
Well if ""total Elite years achieved at that level or a higher level"" is how MAR intends to count elite year for legacy MR accounts I have no problem with that. My wish would be that the same principle would be applied for legacy SPG accounts as well, but that is probably hoping for too much and me being "entitled".... different strokes for different folks
It is how they are counting both MR and SPG nights according to their marketing materials, not by the made up criteria you keep repeating. From https://members.marriott.com/benefits/:
A Lifetime status level is determined by the total Elite years achieved at that level or a higher level. For example, Rewards Gold Elite and SPG Gold years are combined and applied toward the total number of Elite years needed for the new Lifetime Gold Elite status — but Rewards Silver Elite years are not because Silver Elite is a lower level than Gold Elite. If you achieved Elite status in both Rewards and SPG in the same year, you’ll receive credit for two Elite years.
Implying a a different criteria will be considered is irresponsible. It is the same criteria for members of both programs, not some rejiggered refigured number calculated under rules that never applied to the program when the status was earned.