FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada Randomly Changes My Seats
View Single Post
Old Jun 23, 2018, 12:46 am
skybluesea
Suspended

Programs: Air Canada Super Elite 2+ Million Miles
Originally Posted by 24left

3. Yes, for some reason, when you buy a ticket that includes seat selection (e.g. in business class), you are not really guaranteed that seat and I have no idea why.
This might help...

and for OP, sorry to break it to you, Air Canada did NOT in any way agree to the seat assignment in any form, and whatever agents have told you is NOT binding either as they have zero power to alter tariff.

https://www.aircanada.com/content/da..._Tariff_en.pdf

Rule 10

C. Seat Allocation
(1) Carrier does not guarantee allocation of any particular space in the aircraft.

While this may NOT be a satisfactory response for you, in the end, your' getting exactly what you paid for... a seat in business class more or less on schedule, and if AC cannot accomplish this you also regretfully accepted compensation in the form of a refund...at least until the Passenger Protection legislation is implemented.

have a good trip, and I long ago accepted the vagaries of AC as it suits my professional and personal purposes...although this year my AC flying is way down, with lot more flying on OW & SKY as frankly J class is pretty much indistinguishable, except on truly excellent carriers such as SQ, CX & TK.