FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA Same-Day Travel Change (SDC) Fees/Questions (with Wiki) {Archive}
Old Jun 23, 2018, 12:36 am
sincx

Originally Posted by COSPILOT
I've had some interesting options given, but I just want to get home. I cannot imagine the amount of people interested in longer flights via SDC is more than a few per day. United doesn't need to fix anything, because most want quicker options, not longer. The few FT nuts (me included on occasion) is in the minority.
I think this is right. Even though I'm trying to get to 1MM, when I'm actually on a trip, my number one priority is either 1. get to my destination ASAP, or 2. get home ASAP. I doubt more than a handful of people a day do SDC for extra PQMs.

Originally Posted by jsloan
And that, specifically, will be the justification that they'll use when they curtail the feature due to abuse by a select few.
I think UA would be justified to limited SDC routing options to any valid routing in any published fare basis (including full-Y) between the city pairs in question. I much rather see illogical SDC routing options go away, than SDC itself be limited or curtailed somehow.