FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Super Elite suspended; lawsuit filed but amicably settled out of court
Old Jun 22, 2018, 2:31 pm
canadiancow
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by garykung
Actually, it does not sound like the Plaintiff went to the media.

Per my observation of CBC's style, CBC should have contacted either or both Plaintiff's lawyer and AC for comments. Indeed, the CBC's reporting confirm contact with AC, but not Plaintiff's lawyer. It sounds like to be that the reporter is simply stationed at the BC Supreme Court, which eventually allows him to get wind of this.
Originally Posted by CBC
"It's not as if he was seen with explosives or something like that, but they treat everything as if it's a threat to security," says Wong's lawyer, Don Sorochan.
It sounds like they got a quote from Eric's lawyer, so I suspect there was contact there.

Originally Posted by jasdou
Indeed, I suspect AC’s legal team is probably going through the plaintiff’s posting history on FT to find some grounds for the suspension of his privileges.
Would that not suggest they did NOT have grounds for suspension when they initially suspended it?

Originally Posted by Transpacificflyer
Do you really believe that "upper class" people have time to chase coupons and play the system as the plaintiff has, let alone have anything in common with an IT services contractor? Upper class and the wealthy do not play EYW, nor do they add segments to flights just to earn miles because;
1. They can't be bothered to engage in such stupidity;
2. They have enough income that they do not need to chase upgrades, or points.
Playing the FF point games is a waste of time for those who have full lives or who have the money As such, the upper class people you reference, most likely are oblivious to this event.
"Upper class" may be the wrong choice of words, but I'd say I'm below the median income/wealth of the EYW top 10. EYW is not about the points as much as the fun. The game. The challenge. There needs to be a prize in order for there to be competition, but I don't do it for the miles. I can afford my own flights.

Likewise, just because I buy $800 r/t Europe J mistake fares doesn't mean I can't afford regular sales or full price (not to be confused with full fare) J tickets.

Playing the points game is fun. It's a challenge. It's not about saving $50.