FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DYKWIA | 2018 edition
View Single Post
Old Jun 22, 2018, 7:51 am
LTN Phobia
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
DYKWIA- more frequently than I'd expect, there is a Gold member in a neighbouring seat who for some reason starts telling me how he travels so much and is a BA Gold and 'gets lots of benefits'.

I don't tell them about GGL (I don't particularly wish to deflate their ego trip). Then the cabin crew comes to greet me occasionally, and I get this really strange look from the Goldie chap.

Originally Posted by Calum
I have yet to have hands on experience with such a card, they are mainly issued/used in the middle east/asia. I can't see any issues with having diamonds encrusted on a card and I think the customers with the cards would get a little upset if the diamonds started falling off! These cards command big fees.

Here are a two examples - LINK - LINK

Metal cards should really become the standard, sending them back for recycling would be much better than the current cut them up.
No thanks from someone with metal allergy. Gold is fine, but many other metals cause my skin to get very messy (I recently lost one of my fingerprints from a computer mouse which I thought was OK). I cut them (plastic ones) up and chuck them in the recycle bin so they still get recycled, assuming the recycling service is doing what they say they do.

Last edited by LTN Phobia; Jun 22, 2018 at 8:47 am Reason: Incredibly dodgy spelling, I wasn't even PUTI!