FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ: List of valid and booked mini-RTW itineraries version 2.0 (post-"enhancement")
Old Jun 21, 2018, 6:49 pm
WKnight

Originally Posted by kpyuen2000
I don't think so, they verified that HKG from YYZ is farthest point, so each way of transit/stop at TPE is valid.
I helped a friend book YYZ-MEL, but the agent insisted that a stopover in ZQN (Queenstown, NZ) wouldn't validate, and claimed that ZQN was the POT. I said that MEL is farther than ZQN, and I have a webtool (gcmap) that shows it is farther from YYZ than ZQN. Agent paused and looked at something else on the side (maybe gcmap, or something equivalent) and said yes, MEL is the destination but the system still won't validate it. I insisted she try again, and once more it would not validate. But I must have been very convincing, so instead of telling me to go away she said she would have to consult with ticketing. She put me on a long hold (20 minutes) and came back to say it would book after all, but she would not have been able to do it on her own.

So, I don't know why their system wouldn't validate it at the onset. Maybe the same 'glitch' convinced your rep that your original itinerary was invalid. I have to agree with others, that it definitely looks like it should have validated. Is it a sign that this could be the beginning of 'the end'?