FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Prior to 2022: Visa / VOA Info for Vietnam
Old Jun 21, 2018, 5:09 pm
Diplomatico

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Suzzin
It looks like the UK exemption has been extended until 2021, is that right?
https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-ad...y-requirements

Two of us (not me!) are British, so that looks to be easy. I'm trying to sort out what I need to do. Are the eVisa and VoA the same cost? From one of the links, it looks like the eVisa is $25 and can be done on line in 3 days. The VoA is also $25, requires a letter of invitation, and waiting in line on arrival. It sounds like a no-brainer to do the eVisa, which is why I'm worried that somewho I've missed something. We are traveling in August so I have a few weeks to sort it out, but I'd rest easier if I could get it done in advance. Thank for any help!
Do the eVisa. The VoA requires you to obtain an invitation letter from a travel agency in advance - that costs between $9-$20, depending upon who you use. Then you pay Immigration for the "stamping fee" after you stand in line upon arrival. (VoA ends up costing more than the eVisa.)

eVisa is $25, all-in. You'll have it 48-72 hours after you apply online.