FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Transit visa?
Thread: Transit visa?
View Single Post
Old Jun 21, 2018, 1:40 pm
petey2428

Transit visa?

Hi All,

Not sure if this is the best forum to post, but I could really use an advice from the experts. I will be flying from Chicago to Dublin on Aer Lingus. Then, I will be spending the night in Dublin before flying out from Dublin to Faro, Portugal on RyanAir. This is my honeymoon trip.

I am not a US citizen, and I falsely assumed that my schengen visa would allow me to enter Ireland. My trip is at the end of August, and I still need to get the schengen visa first then get the Ireland visa. Schengen takes a week or two, but the Ireland visa takes 8 weeks!! I don't have enough time to get both.

1. If I abandon my one night in Ireland and book a new flight leaving to Faro from Dublin on the same day, would I need a visa? I know I wouldn't need a visa for a connection on one ticket stock, but ryanair and aer lingus are in a different terminal. Is there a way to transit without clearing immigration?

2. The visa processing time is 6 weeks after submitting the application. I dont think I have enough time since I need to get my schengen visa first. What's your experience with getting a visitors visa to Ireland?

Thanks for the help!

Last edited by petey2428; Jun 21, 2018 at 6:09 pm