FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 17 June BA 2062 [MRU-LGW] Mauritius cancelled
Old Jun 21, 2018, 9:14 am
Lewis King

Programs: BAEC - Lowly blue
Originally Posted by mjh0
It tends to result in a quicker resolution if you don't write a "big complaint". If you complain about one thing, BA can be very clear on what it is you are complaining about and handle it appropriately. If you write a "mega moan", touching on too many different things, it just breaks the BA processes, including handling of the complaint.

In particular, it seems as though EC261 claims are handled by a specific group - if you try and complain about other things *and* make an EC261 claim, one of two things might happen, either your EC261 claim is handled but your other points are lost, or the opposite, BA apologise for broken IFE (if that was one of your problems) but don't pay out your EC261 claim.

So I'm going to recommend that you make a simple EC261 claim initially. Just stick to the facts. Technical delay. Get your EC261 payout sorted.

Then if you're still upset about other elements of your trip or how the cancellation and delay were handled, write separately to BA on those points.
fair enough, i think this is my plan to be honest - I’m told I already have a customer relations reference where they are checking if I am elegible for EU comp. I don’t know if I trust them to reply though, might just submit my own anyway.