FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Applying/Renewing Global Entry w/ Dismissed/Expunged Arrests/Charges/Convictions
Old Jun 20, 2018, 5:49 pm
Oliver11

Global Entry - Arrest/Documentation Question

Hello!
My husband and I are in the process of applying for Global Entry. While filling out his application, I saw that it asked him if he had ever been arrested. This was not a problem for him, but I had 2 incidents 20 years ago. I was around 19 or 20 when both occurred. I had an Underage Drinking, which we were taken to the police department where our parents had to pick us up. They told us we weren't 'being arrested', but they couldn't let us drive. I would imagine that was just them being nice, and we were actually technically arrested. I remember going to a magistrate at some point afterwards. We did not lose our license. I can not remember if we had to take any sort of classes. The other incident was that I had a Disorderly Conduct within the same year. We were at a party, and the police said they were just taking our names and addresses. They had our information, and someone said we could go. We went back to our apartment, and later the police showed up and said we should not have left. They said they were giving us a disorderly conduct for leaving/hiding from the law. We weren't, but that was our fault for listening to someone and not asking them if we could leave.

The problem being that I was asked this same question a couple years ago when applying for a professional license in another state. It also said that you would need to provide documentation should you answer yes. I do not have that documentation. I paid to do an online search to see if I could get it and nothing came up. I think it was through the police department or something? I then called both magistrates offices to try to obtain the information and necessary documentation. They said they have no record of it and nothing to give me. Both places said that I could answer no, because there was no record of it and I would not be able to give them anything. I was not 100% sure what magistrate I went to for the underage (but was fairly certain), so I called others in that area to check as well.

Do I answer yes, state what happened, and that I have no way to obtain documentation? Would I need to divulge the disorderly conduct even though we were not arrested? They wrote us up at our apartment. I am obviously clueless with this stuff. It was 20 years ago, so I don't remember all the details. Is there another way that I can try to get the information?

I would love to thank my 19 year old self for this mess lol! Any advice would be appreciated!! Thank you in advance!