FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Dragon 3 Class A330 Sold as 2 Class
Old Jun 20, 2018, 5:20 am
xuukgo

Originally Posted by MrSimonR
My upcoming HKG-HAN flight has the 3 class A330 sold as 2. We are booked in J. I managed to move us to 1D and 1G on the CX app. Are we likely to get seat-shifted as some point, and should we stick with a pair in the J cabin? Or if the seats stick up to the point of OLCI , are we likely to be left there? Both OWE (BA Gold) if it makes any difference.

My personal experience on a XMN - HKG flight was that I was able to select 1A on CX app with a J ticket and then I did online check in. At airport they just print out my boarding pass without asking anything. Then at boarding gate when they scan my boarding pass the agent looked quite surprised but let me go anyways. And then at airport door the crew show me to my seat and I was the only one sitting there. The rest of J passengers were all on the J cabin - the flight was not full.

The other time, also XMN - HKG, I was op-up from Y to J and allocated to the F seat.

So I guess there is no explicit rule on how to treat these area but if the ground crew decided to keep that section open you will be able to sit there, even when the flight is not full.