FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mistake fare LHR - TLV [Tickets now cancelled by BA]
Old Jun 20, 2018, 3:15 am
onobond
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by windowontheAside
I actually think the short validity of the voucher is quite cute thinking from BA. For those who were planning to travel to TLV and still need to do so, the voucher can be used to soften the blow of the real fares and there should be no issue booking in the time period.

It's another matter for those who decided to travel purely because they saw the fare - it could be tough to find another attractive option in such a short window, but perhaps BA has chosen not to be very sympathetic to those?
IMHO, the voucher validity should at least cover the month that the cancelled flights were planned. I still haven't got a voucher, and the availability of seats in the upcoming 40 days are rather quickly disappearing. I was one of many planning to go Jan 4+6 2019, but have no info on when the majority of travellers affected were planning to travel.

As stated in my brief message from Omega, only the reimbursement was promised within 3-5 working days of recieving the 'application' for it, but nothing said about when to expect the voucher