FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Deciding on a Oneworld Frequent Flyer Program? Help is here.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 9:23 pm
Explore SE Asia

Programs: Former UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
I asked the *Alliance forum advice earlier in the year. As a result, I joined Asiana. Currently, I have 13k miles in Asiana miles.

My situation has changed. Instead of the cheapest economy fares, I will be booking business class tickets and/or business award tickets. I expect this will last 3 maybe 4 years. After that I will probably return to flying economy.

I will be watching the premium deal thread for flights from the USA to anywhere in SE Asia. My search for the best business class flights to SE Asia will lead me to book Oneworld flights, at times.

.I am most interested in USA - Asia business awards bought with the fewest trips/ miles and availability of those awards. ( Booking awards for 2 people)

I have a significant amount of United miles. In addition, I have BA miles (150k), Delta miles and Starwood points. (American 50k)

1) What is your home airport? (SFO, LAX, MCO, etc.): FLL or ORD

(2) What types of fares do you usually buy ? (C, F, Y, etc.): I will be booking cheap business class fares.

(3) How many miles do you usually fly each year? : 35-55k

(4) Do you have any kind of status at present? What is it? None (Working toward *gold with Asiana 13k need 40k within 2 years)

(5) What is most important to you in a FFP? : Earning potential with decent award availability and pricing of USA to Asia busines awards.

(6) Which routes do you fly most often (US Domestic, Transpacific etc):

FLL/ORD to SE Asia.

FLL/ORD-BKK/CEB/HKG/MNL/SIN/TPE in business (2+ per year). I am willing to fly to the west coast for a good business fare.

My final destination is Manila or Cebu. I can get to MNL/CEB relatively cheaply from other SE Asia cities.

I will also travel within SE Asia.

(7) Preferred Airlines: Unfamiliar with Oneworld business class product

(8) Do you travel for work or pleasure? (Can you choose your airlines, class of service?): Pleasure. I can choose my airline and class of service.

Last edited by Explore SE Asia; Jun 19, 2018 at 9:48 pm