FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cancelling Plat Business to Get Personal Card - Annual Fee Credit, Airline Credit?
Old Jun 19, 2018, 3:41 pm
Diplomatico

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by BigFlyer
I'm thinking of cancelling my Business Platinum Card and getting the Schwab Personal Platinum Card.

If I do that and cancel my Business Platinum Card:
  • Do I get any sort of refund on the Annual Fee that I already paid?
  • What about the airline fee credit? If I go and spend the $200 and get the credit, is any portion of that reclaimed if I cancel
And, generally speaking, are there any hidden disadvantages of the Personal Card over the Business Card? The only non-obvious things I see is that you don't get the GoGo sessions (higher annual fee being an obvious thing.)
If it's been greater than 30 days since the closing date of the statement upon which the fee appeared, you will not get a refund. Less than 30 days, full refund. AMEX doesn't pro-rate fee refunds.

You will keep the airline fee credit - it isn't "re-claimed". (Obviously, you'd want to make sure it has already posted to the account prior to cancelling the card.)

Personal platinum does not have the 35% points rebate feature of the business version. It also costs $100 more per annum.