FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Does Even More Space get cheaper during Check-In
Old Jun 19, 2018, 1:25 am
maybebehindyou

Not the same question as OP, but less about discounted upgrades and more about...free upgrades

On booking LGB-SJC (departing July 1 at 2:50 pm) I noticed that, in the main cabin, just about 4 middle seats were available. No windows or aisles. On the other hand, plenty of Even More Space seats open (I want to say only 3 or so were selected). Upgrade ran $18-22.

I opted to not select a seat assignment thinking perhaps, by chance, I'd be placed into an EMS seat at no charge. I made this choice due to the complete lack of windows or aisles (figuring, hey, if I just get placed into one of those 4 middle seats in the main cabin, I'm back where I started and that's just fine).

My question is, any chance I get placed into an extra legroom seat at no charge? Or am I missing something?

I often fly Southwest SJC-BUR. Never flown JetBlue for an intra-California flight -- thought I've made a handful of B6 SJC/LAX-BOS flights and it was great each time. Thank you!