FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can AA get any worse? (Charging nonstatus pax $75 standby complaint)
Old Jun 18, 2018, 3:56 pm
beachmouse

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by bse118

WN's got it's niche. But let's not pretend it's a full service airline.
WN can work well if your travel needs fall within some very rigid rules (which it's good at not showing but waiting until you run into them). I've flown them and found the product to be pleasant enough though I don't get the cult they have. But their system tends to totally fall apart when you're starting from an outstation and their computer system won't go over their hard connection time. Will WN sell me what should be a simple ticket between Pensacola, Florida and San Francisco (or Oakland or San Jose,CA) i? Not on a high percentage of days throughout the year because of the connection time. If I really want that route, I've got to book it as something like a Pensacola-Houston then Houston-San Francisco multi-city ticket to get there, and the two multi-city ticket option can easily run hundreds of dollars more than what American (or United or Delta) will sell me.

I'm a weirdo in FT terms who doesn't care about lounges or first class tickets or free alcohol on flights. I just want to be able to book a plane ticket to a destination without having to jump through too many hoops and for a reasonable price, and WN's flight schedules are a major fail out of my local airports. I'm currently sitting on a bunch of WN points right now because I can't find decent flight schedule options to use them on.

American and the rest of the legacies are just significantly more interested in doing business with people like in in places where I live.

As for the original poster, want ticket change flexibility, but the ticket where that's written into the terms and conditions of sale.