FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2018] American Express Announces Two New Hilton Credit Cards
Old Jun 18, 2018, 12:52 pm
pinniped
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Abidjan
Don't think there has been any Ascend > Aspire upgrade offer, right?
Perhaps mine was targeted? It was in the long list of 70+ promotional offers for my card. Where you find all of the useless stuff about restaurants, flowers, etc. and occasionally a useful promotion for a Hilton stay.

My history with Amex:
- Longtime SPG Amex holder. My primary spend card in most years.
- HH Amex holder for past few years. Have made two separate $40k runs in two separate years (two years apart) to achieve Diamond status.
- In 2018, made a quick $15k run on the Ascend card to get the free night, and then went back to SPG Amex as my regular-spend card.
- I don't use Amexes for leverage or to finance things. I just pay them off each month. They don't send me teaser offers like Citi, Chase, etc. do.

To Amex, I'm probably a "medium volume" user. Mid-five-figures annual user. No business cards. No history with their other financial or insurance products.

The upgrade to Aspire didn't affect my account number or credit limit. Didn't require a credit pull.