FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Place Delano
View Single Post
Old Jun 18, 2018, 10:12 am
365RoadWarrior

I just wrapped up five days here. The location is several miles south of downtown Delano; it is adjacent to a mall that has a WalMart, Big 5 Sporting Goods, dd's discount, Armed Forces recruiting office, IHOP, Taco Bell, McDonalds, frozen yogurt place, Panda Express, Dollar Tree, UPS Store, check cashing place and a couple of other not-very consequential businesses. Home Depot and a gas station across the street. Yes, the train tracks and highway 99 are right outside the east-facing windows. My west-facing room was quiet-enough, at least with the loud HVAC on. The fitness center is nice, though one machine remained broken throughout my stay; 24 hours, as noted above. The HVAC is set to come on only above 78 degrees and below 60 degrees, so the temperature can be a little uncomfortable; this is in keeping with the energy-efficient theme of the entire hotel. (Turn on the power in your room with a key card.)

Breakfast is pretty typical Hyatt Place. There are some "specials", Tuesday through Friday (make-it-yourself breakfast burritos), but standard fare Friday-Monday. If you show up at opening (6:30AM on weekdays and 7:00AM on weekends) they may not be open/ready; this morning, there was cereal and bread out, but nothing else until 6:50AM. Late mornings - 9:00AM Sunday - were pretty crowded (no surprise) and much of the food was gone by 9:10AM (open until 10:00AM). "Oatmeal takes thirty minutes to make, so..."

Hotel employees were nice, competent in what little I asked them to do (that isn't meant to sound negative). Overall, I'm happy to have a "nice" (for South Central Valley) hotel option. Bakersfield, 30 miles south, and Fresno, 80 miles north, don't really have much, and certainly no Hyatts.