FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho, Japan, LC [Master Thread]
Old Jun 18, 2018, 9:52 am
btonkid12345

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by hailstorm
Have you read the previous 10 posts?

Case open.
Yes I did. Still case closed. The SPG T&Cs clearly defined what an eligible rate is. Booking on the Prince chains website would not be eligible (the site you are trying to force a booking on, to double dip on your benefits). Also, the Prince chains website showed a rate double that via SPG, so even if they allowed double dipping it doesn't seem worth it.

Originally Posted by yeunganson
I think there is some predatory behavior here. The hotel seems pretty reasonable - you can get the Seibu Prince Club benefit or the SPG benefit but not both. Each set of benefit costs the hotel money, if they allow you to have both, they will have to apply this rule to all those that come after.

You are then asking Starwood Lurkers to support your case on technicality when the intentions is to play a loophole. I think Starwood Lurkers are correct to not to strongly advocate your case to the higher ups. It's not worth bringing conflict between corporate and franchisee over a customer acting not in good faith.
EXACTLY. And the hotels in Japan will follow the rules precisely. And they won't care what a "Starwood Lurker" on Flyertalk posted - they will go with what the T&Cs of the program are.

Originally Posted by hailstorm
So my understanding is that a booking via this website will be eligible for SPG benefits, and the issue of whether it's also eligible for SPC benefits is something to take up with Prince Hotels. Correct?
Shows why your understanding is poor and case is closed. Does the website you link have a spot for your SPG number? No? Then no SPG benefits.

This is the Luxury Collection hotel site for this hotel: http://www.starwoodhotels.com/luxury/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=4443&language=en_US

I've stayed here before and wonder if you or the hotel would even enjoy your visit if you're already trying to find ways to game benefits and come across as a fraudster el cheapo at a hotel where the Japanese guests were valeting cars with a production run of 100. I was surprised the currency conversion machine even listed a rate; wouldn't think most patrons here would care.

btw, what are the extra Seibu club benefits you are trying to milk? Are they worth all this fruitless effort? I can only imagine the embarrassment of checking in at the very public check in desk and arguing for whatever you are trying to double dip on.

Last edited by btonkid12345; Jun 18, 2018 at 10:04 am