FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ : 'Theoretical Seating' : Blocked seats and status
Old Jun 18, 2018, 5:42 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by tinkicker
Checked in last night without really thinking where I was sitting and I’m half way down the cabin in an aisle seat and as I recall there wasn’t much choice. just looked on expert flyer and 50j/k are blocked (bulkhead) and I’d rather have 50K with the window... Is is it worth hanging on the 40 mins or so for the check in desk to open and ask to be moved there or should I just go and drink espresso martinis and forget it.
Personally I would ask to move, though it's a reason (if landside) to not print your boarding pass until the last moment. It may be, however, that the agent cannot get you into these seats since they are earmarked for some couple in WT to get an upgrade, which is one reason - of many - why they are blocked now. WTP ex HKG normally goes out full.