FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CVS Master Thread(2017 onwards)
View Single Post
Old Jun 17, 2018, 9:32 pm
Klemhuzzah

Originally Posted by Churnman
Beware of OV issues. Multiple reports recently of the receipts showing the card loaded, but then later finding out the card doesn't work at all. Not drained, just not authorized. Then, you have to send OV documentation so they can remedy the problem. I thought it was just a bad batch that had been distributed, but after discussion with others and us looking at numbers, packaging and so forth, this may be a random problem occurring on OV's side. Big hassle. I realize most ignore these cards now anyhow due to lack of ability to liquidate, but this is just a PSA for those few still buying these. Wasn't sure if it should go in a separate OV thread or in this thread. I had this happen in the past at WG locations, but that was a problem between WG and OV. This error is different and seems to have affected multiple stores.
I wonder if this is the problem I've been having. You're talking about OV visa, but does it also apply to OV mastercard? My test case liquidating an OVMC at the grocery worked fine, but since then all I've been getting is rejection.