FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United's Current Boarding Process (with Wiki) [2016-forward]{Archive}
Old Jun 17, 2018, 2:14 pm
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by DELee
So if you wanted to really mess up a whole series of boarding areas, just go through the 74 through 77 gates at LAX.

When waiting to decide what to do for a 772HD boarding at Gate 77, I quickly found out that a) because of the number of high seating counters installed for _each_ gate at the end of Terminal 7, b) there's almost no seating whether at the counters or lower chairs so c) you end up standing in the gate boarding lines (for Groups 1 and 2) because there's nowhere else to go.

Really really poor gate area design and implementation.

David
+1

And because there's little or no seating for the gates at the end of T7, Groups 3 -5 tend to congregate around the entrance of both the 1 and 2 lanes, blocking access for those who have a right to get into them. I also notice that a significant number of pax, apparently not US citizens I fear, line up in Group 2 (even though their BPs give a number in 3-5, and then jump the line as soon as pax with children under the age of 2 are called, even though they either have no children with them at all or children who are clearly well over the age of 2. And the GAs do not police this and turn them back.