FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [LEFT Marriott; to become Rosewood] Blue Palace, Crete, Greece [Master Thread]
Old Jun 17, 2018, 9:47 am
zagguru

Originally Posted by christianj
I thought the restaurants were ok but nothing memorable. Typical resort based fare IMHO.

I agree that the pools of the Maisonette suites were a tad cold. damon88 if I were you I would just have the resort confirm that you can have the heat turned on for the pool of the Island Suite you upgraded to at your discretion. I would be worried that they would say something like...."sorry we cannot control the individual pools even in the Island Suite at that time of year."

We liked the resort but are going back this year and staying at the Marriott Domes property in Elounda instead. It was just a much better deal to use MR points than to use SPG points. 5 nights for 180k MR points which is equal to 60k SPG for a true 1 Bedroom suite with a whirlpool is a deal better than 80k SPG IMHO for the Blue Palace where the rooms for awards are not true 1 Bedroom suites.
Did you go to Domes already? Let us know how you liked it and how it compares to Blue palace