FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: Questions for 2018 about, guide to, listing of, compensation
Old Jun 16, 2018, 2:50 pm
Seabilly

Programs: DL PM 1.5 MM , Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Plat
16 May 2018, Plat, Business

Had some Alaska miles expiring so booked a one way SAN to MSY. SAN to to STL was Alaska, STL - DFW - MSY was American.
Got to St Louis fine with a 2 hour layover, American flight for the trip STL - DFW suffered 3 hour mechanical delay causing me to miss my connection in Dallas (luckily my hotel in New Orleans waived the no-show after I called them). Put up in a run down Days Inn around midnight, having to catch a 5AM shuttle back to the airport. Arrived in MSY early morning unable to check into my hotel for 4 hours.

Biggest problem to me was that there was zero communications at the gate in St Louis unless you stood in a long line to talk to the GA. Second biggest problem was the huge line in Dallas waiting for hotel arrangements that took over an hour to process.

Sent in an email via the AA website. Didn't expect a reply as it was an Alaska award flight but got a nice email back and 10,000 miles for my trouble. Would have settled for just the email but appreciated the miles.