FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase closed my credit card account(s) [Archived 2013-mid 2019]
Old Jun 15, 2018, 9:15 pm
freeflyin

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
While I have not been shut down and don't have reason to believe I would be, these cases are a cause for concern to me

I recently applied for the WN Visa( to ensure CP) and was denied for the first time ever,for any lender. Chase's reason-too many accounts I am "associated with". I assume these are my spouse's accounts,as we are AU on many of each others accounts,with similar FICO scores.

The only account I have opened in the last 24 months or so has been a HH Surpass.
835 FICO(on 850 scale). No MS ,utilization very low. I charge 10K or so monthly spread across several cards,depending on various travel assignments. No blemishes on credit reports.

I did not contact recon, mainly because I want to keep our current accounts open and not in jeopardy as we near retirement, and truthfully,I did not want eyes on these accounts,mostly because of some of these reports of closures that seem baseless.