FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - {Fare Gone} Air France : IST - SJO $2,341 First Class$2,639 RT (mixed Business)
Old Jun 15, 2018, 6:11 am
flyme2

Initiate a disputed charge with your CC

Upon waiting 18 days after cancelling my booking with AF, and seeing no credit within the 10 business days indicated to me, I initiated a CC dispute. I was asked to fax in relavent documents, i.e. the original and amended tickets, and the email from AF mentioning a refund,. As well, I added a reference to the booking codes being refundable. Oddly, I received an email from DL, in response to the AF online refund request that I completed, stating that the refund had been accepted and would take up to two billing cycles to be processed. A couple of days later, I saw the credit posted to my account, just shortly before payment was due. I don't know if it appeared due to the CC dispute or if it was from AF directly. As I had already paid my bill, I have a credit balance to use for my next (mis)adventure. BTW, I used Expedia for TD through the TD bank portal here in Canada. It was TD that handled the CC dispute, forwarding the information to Visa.
​​​​​​

Last edited by flyme2; Jun 15, 2018 at 8:14 am Reason: spelling