FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upgrades/Access to Polaris Global First since UA Ended Polaris Global First Sales
Old Jun 14, 2018, 3:59 pm
kevanyalowitz

Programs: UA 3K UGS 3MM
Originally Posted by tuolumne
Sorry to single you out, but it has been noted here that some expect op up upgrades C>F, of if they are sitting Y, from Y>C. Not to preclude the company from upgrading select GS to the F cabin, but there will be no automation which assigns seats in intl. F like CPU.

I don't agree with reducing the fare class restrictions, especially when United will still be making money with instruments/$. Note that United First is still on, or has been transferred to, mainly legacy sUA high-margin routes that can actually support it.

I don't see what the incentive to drop the barriers to allow Z/P to use GPU, beyond asking for what I do define as a freebie.

And NRSA/NRPS is not a freebie to the company, United essentially bought those seats from themselves in exchange for lower comp in the contracts. Just inaccurate.
They MUST drop the fare class restrictions for GF upgrades. Why should I buy a D/C/J fare on a 3-cabin plane if I don't know whether its even going to be operated by a 3-cabin plane. As an example, an upcoming flight is F0 (not for sale) and PN9. I'll gladly by a P fare if I have the chance of upgrading to F, but paying a premium for D in the hopes that its not a converted plane is just silly...especially when I can confirm an upgrade from Y. UA could lock me it at a significantly higher fare just by changing these rules during this transition period.