FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2018] American Express Announces Two New Hilton Credit Cards
Old Jun 14, 2018, 2:02 pm
JJeffrey
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by pinniped
Question on the timing of the Aspire Free Weekend night. I am taking advantage of the 100,000 point upgrade offer on my Ascend card. I already have my $15k Ascend free night in my account, received it in April. Will my Aspire free night drop immediately? (Say, within the first billing cycle of my upgraded card?) Looking to book a full weekend using both certs...
The free weekend night definitely does not drop right away. I applied for the Aspire around March 20 and my weekend night just hit my account on June 4.

For the airline credit, the AA charge for MCE should trigger it if done after your initial ticket is purchased, as mentioned above. Keep in mind too that you can generally buy AA gift cards and it will trigger the credit as well. There is lots of info about this over in the Amex forum, recommend a read.

Originally Posted by CHUD
Re the $100 Hilton on-property credit for a two night paid stay, does anyone know if this will work with points? Also, if you were to stay 4 nights, would you book two separate reservations to get this benefit twice?
IIRC in order to get the $100 credit you need to book under a specific paid rate code, so obviously a points stay will not count.