FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upgrades/Access to Polaris Global First since UA Ended Polaris Global First Sales
Old Jun 14, 2018, 1:49 pm
tuolumne

Originally Posted by mh3265a
You are completely misunderstanding what I was asking and suggesting in the first place. I'm not asking for a freebie at all. United is giving freebies to it's non-revs. I was simply suggesting that Z/P should be eligible to use GPUs. That would seem to be a smart move to reduce the companies liability by letting folks use more of their GPUs on select routes.
Sorry to single you out, but it has been noted here that some expect op up upgrades C>F, of if they are sitting Y, from Y>C. Not to preclude the company from upgrading select GS to the F cabin, but there will be no automation which assigns seats in intl. F like CPU.

I don't agree with reducing the fare class restrictions, especially when United will still be making money with instruments/$. Note that United First is still on, or has been transferred to, mainly legacy sUA high-margin routes that can actually support it.

I don't see what the incentive to drop the barriers to allow Z/P to use GPU, beyond asking for what I do define as a freebie.

And NRSA/NRPS is not a freebie to the company, United essentially bought those seats from themselves in exchange for lower comp in the contracts. Just inaccurate.