FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2018] American Express Announces Two New Hilton Credit Cards
Old Jun 14, 2018, 1:22 pm
pinniped
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by cristo
If you buy the MCE seats after booking the ticket, then yes they count as it is not a ticket upgrade, but counts as a qualifying purchase.

Even the cost of e500 stickers were qualifying purchases for me, although the terms and conditions exclude upgrade purchases.
Awesome. I do buy a few e500's every now and then, so that's nice too.

Originally Posted by CHUD
Just an FYI for existing Hilton Amex cardholders that want to upgrade to the Aspire without applying for a new card. Last week, I called and inquired about getting the bonus if I upgraded. I was told there was no bonus at this time. I declined to upgrade at that time. After pondering the benefits, I was resigned to not getting the bonus and called today to upgrade anyways. Then the rep told me I was eligible for the bonus through upgrade. It was a nice surprise.
I found the upgrade offer in the list of promotional offers below all of my account information. I sometimes scroll through that looking for a Hilton promotion I can use...there was a minor rebate for a Doubletree stay a couple months ago. This time I noticed the Aspire upgrade offer - 100,000 point bonus after you spend $4k in 3 months. (Which will be easy enough as I have two 1-week Hilton stays coming up, both that will net out to around $1.5k-2k each.)

So if you are interested, I'd look there - even if the phone agents don't know about it. It was simple, 1 click and a notice that I'd get my new card in about a week.