FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 master thread
View Single Post
Old Jun 14, 2018, 11:29 am
armouredant

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by londonsean69
Evening allI am looking to book the AMS-BKK fare, with the 'stopover' being a couple of weeks in KUL (then down to Denpasar).
Routing would be AMS-LHR-KUL // KUL-BKK // BKK-SIN-LHR
We would be diving, so will have baggage - which is what my query relates to.
Yes, you can fly LON-AMS-LON and then check your luggage in; no need to drag your fins and regs to the Netherlands and back. Note that you could use LGW or LCY, not just LHR, and you could book your AMS-LON leg for up to 24 hours before LHR-KUL. I've flown LCY-AMS-LCY on day one, then spent a night back in home in London, then taken my luggage to Heathrow on day two.

But no, you won't be able to check your luggage in for LHR-KUL until you've flown the first sector.

Regarding TPs and your airports in the far east; If you book this wisely, you could find a long haul sector with first class upgrade availability; throw some Avios at it (or pick some up in the current Ventre Prive or Groupon Ireland sales...), and spend those 12 hours in something better than a Club World dorm. There's a chance you'd accrue the TPs for the upgraded sector, which would be 210 each way for HKG or 240 for KUL or SIN, plus another 40 for each of your business class connections at either end, so an easy Silver even from zero.