FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2018] American Express Announces Two New Hilton Credit Cards
Old Jun 14, 2018, 11:12 am
cristo

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by pinniped
Question on the timing of the Aspire Free Weekend night. I am taking advantage of the 100,000 point upgrade offer on my Ascend card. I already have my $15k Ascend free night in my account, received it in April. Will my Aspire free night drop immediately? (Say, within the first billing cycle of my upgraded card?) Looking to book a full weekend using both certs...

Doubt I will keep the Aspire card for my than 1 year, but for $450 I'll take 100k HH plus a free weekend night. The place I plan to use the free nights is also one of the listed Hilton Resorts, so I suppose if we run some incidentals there I'd get some credit for that too? (up to $250?).

Also - anyone know if Main Cabin Extra upgrades on AA count as a qualifying airline fee? I don't ever pay airline fees now, but if MCE at booking time counts, I suppose I'd get some value there. Can't count on MCE as an AA Gold - at least not good non-middle seats.
If you buy the MCE seats after booking the ticket, then yes they count as it is not a ticket upgrade, but counts as a qualifying purchase.

Even the cost of e500 stickers were qualifying purchases for me, although the terms and conditions exclude upgrade purchases.