FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta to add Seattle-Osaka, Drops SEA-HKG
Old Jun 14, 2018, 11:03 am
hockeyinsider
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer

I believe DTW-HKG when operating was on a 777. While you are right that DL is just handing these flights off to KE to take care of, DL pilots are not happy about so much long haul international flights being handed over to KE and they reportedly are going to bring this issue up next year in contract negotiations. It seemed like with the additions of LAX-CDG/AMS and MSP-ICN all on DL metal, it seemed like they were going in that direction, but now pulling out of HKG completely is taking a step back. I can’t imagine NRT-SIN/MNL have much time left and SIN will soon become a global business capital that DL dosen’t fly to.
Don't forget all the old flight attendants who were flying long-haul to Asia a couple times per month and then not working the rest of the month. There are a lot of flight attendants mad about not flying to Palau anymore, as they had something like 3-5 days layover there. Just think of all the Asian routes that have been axed in the last 4 years: New York-Tokyo, Bangkok, Taipei, Shanghai (next month), Guam, Palau, Saipan, and Hong Kong (first from Tokyo and now Seattle). I'm sure I'm missing another couple routings.

Singapore may last a little longer, if only because it's already 7-plus hours from Tokyo to Singapore. Seoul to Singapore wouldn't be convenient, especially with non-stop flights to Singapore from New York and San Francisco now an option.