FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 3 week stay at Intercontinental -- get IHG credit card/buy Ambassador status?
Old Jun 14, 2018, 9:23 am
waterandwoods

Programs: Delta, Southwest, Hyatt
Originally Posted by thealphalion
First, add your IHG account number to the reservation. Then, I would recommend emailing the hotel to ask what Platinum status (from the credit card) or Ambassador status would get on your reservation with your specific corporate rate. Different corporate rates might have different T&C restrictions on upgrades.
When I called to make the reservation I did ask about the ambassador status and the agent was all "oh you should definitely get it." When I asked what room type the upgrade would be he said he wasn't on site and didn't know, but that the rate code I was using was eligible. I haven't yet tried contacting the hotel directly.

Originally Posted by 336
Enroll for the Accelerate promotion, before the stay, so you will also earn more points.
I did do that but since the IHG rewards account is new (I'm guessing), the offerings aren't particularly great, but it's better than nothing. I assume we could get at most the 500 for the app, 2,000 for Stay more, earn more, and 2,000 for bonus weekend stay?
500 points -- Download the IHG® App
2,000 points -- Stay More, Earn More Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 3 night(s) and earn 2,000 bonus points.2,000 points -- Your Rate Stay 2 times using our member exclusive discount, Your Rate, and earn 2,000 bonus points.
2,000 points -- Stay at Holiday Inn® Stay at 3 Holiday Inn® hotel(s)—including Holiday Inn Resort® and Holiday Inn Club Vacations®—and earn 2,000 bonus points.
2,000 point -- A Bonus Weekend Stay Stay with us for the weekend and earn 2,000 bonus points. A Friday and Saturday or Saturday and Sunday night stay required.
21,500 -- Your Achievement Bonus Complete 5 of the 5 offers and earn (an additional) 21,500 bonus points.

Originally Posted by Stealthmode
Also, I did a random check comparing both regular rates to the corporate clinic rate... on al 5 nights checked the roomrate was identical, with the exception of the corporate identification number added. So instead of you getting a discount with this rate, I rather think that the clinic is receiving a commission on your hotelstay. If this is the case, you're better of booking BAR through a cashback site, for instance there's currently 6% cashback at www.mrrebates.com?refid=1129557, I usually use https://www.shoop.de/invite/fvikdr1s5v/ which currently gives 12% cashback on InterContinental Hotels, but it's a -very efficient- German site which might be challenging for most people whom don't read or write German.
Thank you for this very helpful info -- I will keep in mind for the future. The rate we are using is not the published corporate rate, and I had to call to book. It's actually quite good -- $104 +tax per night for a suite.

Originally Posted by blitzen
A one category upgrade is guaranteed
Originally Posted by 336
A one cat upgrade from an entry level room is in some places barely noticeable.
This is what I was wondering. We are booked into a 2 dbl suite, there are 2 types of rooms higher than that -- both the same price: "pure room" for people with allergies (not much use to us) and "Ambassador room" which I am guessing is what the upgrade would be and seems to offer not a whole lot in tangible benefits over what we have: "Our Ambassador Rooms offer upgraded accommodations and services with spectacular views of the city skyline. These plush rooms with finer linens, robes, slippers, fruit and waters and upgraded bath amenities provide a level of comfort and privacy demanded by today's sophisticated travelers."