FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rules for Involuntary & long-term Schedule Changes
Old Jun 14, 2018, 12:37 am
rosenkavalier

MUC connection reduced from 4h to 40 mins, FCL gone!

Hey there,
Wondering if anyone here would be able to advise:
i took advantage of the recent release of LH F (O Class) space and booked a flight via AV Lifemiles.
I just saw that my connecting flight from MUC has been cancelled due to a reschedule. (The flight is not sold anymore)
1) I have not been notified by LH nor AV of this cancellation
2) as far as I can see, no rebooking has been done on any alternative
3) most importantly, the only alternative would mean that my connection will be reduced from 4h to 40 mins, effectively eliminating any chance of visiting the F lounge. As we FTers all know, visiting an LH F lounge is a big part of the experience and I would like to try to salvage the situation.

The problem with MUC is that minimum connecting time is 35 mins so I am technically legal.
Also, in these situations it's better to be proactive rather than wait for them to suggest an alternative.
Could I ask them to rebook to an alternative city which has a later flight (ZRH instead of GVA) and if so, what reason should I give to justify the change considering I would still have a legal connection to GVA? I have to be in ZRH the next day anyway, so actually it would suit me even better...but that's not a reason that would fly with the phone agent I have a feeling...
many thanks in advance!