FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New to Flyertalk. Need info on ATL and parking
Old Jun 13, 2018, 9:38 pm
gooselee
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
If you have no checked luggage and have your boarding pass in advance you can park at international and go through security there which is a lot easier than at domestic.
You can also check domestic luggage at Intl if your airline also operates out of there and has a check in desk (DL most notably). But isn't international a park n ride lot only?

OP, what are your priorities here? Cheapest possible? Least stress? Less walking? There are many options at ATL so the best one for you will depend on what is important to you.

Lots at ATL can get extremely full at times. This is unlikely to happen on a Saturday morning, but I arrived just after lunch yesterday (a Tuesday) and literally all the on-site lots/decks were full. There were lines out of South Daily as they only let in a handful of cars at a time. I like to cut my commute times close, but if I had not planned for this, the 10 mins I spent waiting to be let in (or driving around to an off site lot) could have meant the difference in missing my flight.

TBH, a lot of times these days I will just use Uber. With the recent increase in parking rates, it doesn't cost that much more than 2-3 days of parking and you get curbside dropoff/pickup.