FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Routing help (LAS-LHR)
View Single Post
Old Jun 13, 2018, 1:37 pm
Sprodo

Programs: BD Silver, HH Gold, BA Silver, CX Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
If you want specific advice, it's generally best to put in a specific date. For example on 12 July I can see the 11:00 hrs AA service connecting to the BA A380 at LAX, so it may be a fare bucket or codeshare mismatch or fare rule limitation or BA.com mismatch or - well you get the story. There is also DFW connecting to a 747 (again depending on dates), leaving 11:00 hrs and getting to London at 09:00 hrs. If you go via JFK there are a number of options that get you into LHR before 07:00 hrs (and yes, depending on dates)
Originally Posted by flatlander
I assume you're travelling in economy class due to your reference to the discomfort of the 787.

You could go via DFW which puts you on a BA 777.

I think your problem with trying to find this on the BA website is that BA strongly prefers BA codeshares and there is no BA codeshare for the 11:00 AA1366 LAS-LAX. There are only codeshares for the later 12:58 BA (AA) 4792, 14:40 BA (AA) 4839 and 19:00 BA (AA) 4439.

BA can ticket this but their website won't offer it. Try either phoning BA or using the AA website (though that may be too keen on AA codeshares, denying you some Avios compared to a BA code on the transatlantic flight).
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
If you book this as two separate tickets then remember your bags will not be tagged through and you would need to collect them after you land at LAX on AA and recheck them with BA for the leg to LHR

Neither airline check through bags on separate tickets (even AA to AA and BA to BA) so you need to factor in extra time to do that.
Thanks all. Looking at 26th July. Needs to be booked via corporate travel agent but I’ve been using Google Flights & BA website to look. I did see DFW, CLT & JFK as options but fancied a short first hop and longer second - just without 787 seat. Did consider going 787 and trying for POUG but not sure it’s worth the risk