FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Planned Diversions From SFO to OAK/SJC
View Single Post
Old Jun 13, 2018, 11:09 am
sfozrhfco

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by ucdtim17
I haven't tried requesting reimbursement but I would guess this is just preventative and them reserving the right to deny reimbursement. If you told them a reasonable story with reasonable expenses I'd hope they'd attempt to make you whole, especially elites.
In the case of the person up thread, AS said they could issue a reimbursement of some sort but not at the arrival airport but at SFO and the person never did go to try to get the money. Easier to tell somebody in a rush to get elsewhere to say, sure we will give you a reimbursement if you stop at SFO first and track down a person willing to give it to you. Nobody will pay extra to get to an airport they don't need to be at to run around to claim a minimum amount of money and then pay out of pocket to get back from there to the final destination. Otherwise the passenger gets to SFO and the person is at lunch or out for the rest of the day or pulls out the written policy which says no reimbursements. There are just so many points of potential customer service fails.