FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - An upgrade question
View Single Post
Old Jun 13, 2018, 10:54 am
FrogTastic

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Fares and similar fees and charges are only meaningful if they are quoted in per person terms. When you said £1,196, I suspect that most of us assumed that this was for one person, as that is the only meaningful way we can assess whether the number is comparable to other offers, or whether it's good value.

I now have a suspicion that you mean £1,196 in total for all of you together. But still it makes a difference whether "wife and kids" means that it's £1,196 for four people or £1,196 for eight people (if, for example, there are six children).

If the upgrade price is for both flights (seeing as it sounds like you were expecting to get lounge access before both of them for that price), that also makes a difference. £1,196 for four people one-way is basically £300 each. £1,196 for eight people round-trip works out to about £75 per person per flight. Big difference.
I do apologise, I was quoted for 4 @ £1196 total. Strangely it seems to vary through the APP, @ £396 this afternoon which I am fine with just wondered if I should hold out for the checkin.