FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Two bad experiences in Club Europe, FRA-LHR & LHR-MAD
Old Jun 13, 2018, 8:37 am
fly747first
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Yup, i looked it up - there really are awards for revenue managers
You clearly have zero knowledge on this. Maybe at airlines that don't take any pride in their work like BA there aren't, but even cruise lines and hotels issue Excellence in Revenue Management awards every quarter. Some companies even name specific Revenue Management awards in honor of former staff who served that particular company for many years and implemented a lot of new RM tools (no, I don't have an award named after me, but I'm just explaining for reference since you seem to be lost in space on such matter).

Originally Posted by itsmeitisss
And as an award winning revenue management consultant, you are saying that actual fares aren't relevant? Didn't they manage this via op-ups?
When did I say that fares aren't relevant? In my previous comment I explicitly stated that on a flight so overbooked they should have only left the inventory open in Y, as Y is the highest fare bucket across the board for economy. Obviously revenue is achieved through the fares each pax pays and each booking class is associated with a particular fare, which may change over time especially in the lower buckets.

Originally Posted by signol
I'd suggest flying the Latam tag on for FRA-MAD and vv. Long haul configured, flat bed, decent meal (and pisco sour!) and IFE working. And Oneworld so you'll get your avios and some tier points.

signol
Yes, and ironically, full blankets and pillows wrapped in a nice package (love the quality of the blankets up front!). haha

I have done this many times and it always amazes me how dirt cheap LATAM prices their Business Class FRA-MAD.

However, LATAM doesn't fly routes such as FRA-LHR so sometimes I have no choice but to fly BA.

Last edited by Prospero; Jun 13, 2018 at 1:07 pm Reason: Combine consecutive posts