FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Woman claims UA flight attendant forced infant daughter to sit in dangerous position
Old Jun 13, 2018, 7:16 am
Aussienarelle

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
On the theory of the FA/GA that the child seat has to be facing foreard, then all those parents who hold their infants, rather than using the car seat need to have the infant facing the front rather than the parent. My infant would have screamed blue murder.

Kudos to the parent filing the complaint . Most of the time I am with the FAs/GAs but in this instance I just think there was some kind of power trip. I have been in the situation a couple of times where the FA just wants to make my life difficult (did not know why and you just deal with it) and I just did whatever I could to not draw attention and minimize the likelihood of the situation escalating. The reason I am on a plane is to get from point A to point B. I do not want to be removed as a security threat .

I would have doe the same thing as the mother in this situation and hope it changes the behavior of the FA and GA involved in the situation. I am glad she has brought the issue to light to ensure it does not happen to other parents.