FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - So - who got a free upgrade this week?
View Single Post
Old Jun 12, 2018, 11:13 pm
KARFA
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by timcjp
I had an OpUp on LHR-AMS last week, but what I thought more interesting was that the First check-in agent didn't know that I had been upgraded. It was only when I checked the BP and said to her, thanks for the upgrade, that she then looked into the booking and said that their new system no longer informs them of the OpUp unless they physically go into the booking, which she did and then said she could see that Y was showing -4 so I'd been selected for upgrade because of my GGL status.

That seems crazy to me, as it's a nice opportunity for BA to inform you of the upgrade.

We chatted a bit about upgrades and she said that they now have zero influence about getting someone upgraded but she did confirm that their system will select passengers for an upgrade who maybe have not flown in the upgraded cabin, but that on oversold flight generally will be down to the passengers status as to order of being selected for upgrade.
FLY should show it as a seat change, but as you say I don't think it makes it explicit it may be an OpUp.